John

Manually Synch Podcasts

I have a iPod classic, MBP, Leopard, iTunes 8.2. I'm having trouble manually synching podcasts. I can drag and drop from iTunes to iPod until the cows come home but files will not transfer. I have had them synched automatically, but often the podcasts will disappear after synch before I'm finished listening to them. Any ideas?

I have a iPod classic, MBP, Leopard, iTunes 8.2. I'm having trouble manually synching podcasts. I can drag and drop from iTunes to iPod until the cows come home but files will not transfer. I have had them synched automatically, but often the podcasts will disappear after synch before I'm finished listening to them. Any ideas?

Try making a smart playlist of the podcasts you want and then in the iPod menu (when it's plugged into iTunes) tell it to sync that folder to your iPod.

Try making a smart playlist of the podcasts you want and then in the iPod menu (when it's plugged into iTunes) tell it to sync that folder to your iPod.

That's pretty much exactly how I've been managing podcasts since before they were available through iTunes.

I have a Smart Playlist which I named _Podcasts to Go (The underscore in front is so it displays at the top of my Playlists). It looks for Genre = Podcast and Grouping does not contain Heard (I manually update the Grouping to Heard once I listen). I actually have a bunch of other parameters I use to exclude some things but the base is what I started with years ago and it's been working well for me.