Hans

Safari 4, how to add 'reload' & elim. 'bookmark'

Okay, Safari 4 is officially out, and it came as part of a regular update. On the whole I like it very much, though it's only one of 4/5 browsers that I use.

There are a couple things that would improve it, imo, both in the toolbar: A reload button, and no (or at least the option to have no) bookmark button. Neither option is available under 'Customize Toolbar'. Does anybody know how I might get either option? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to get rid of the bookmark button without taking away the address bar (unfortunately, because I, too, would like to see it gone...). Also, I'm sure you are already aware that there is a reload "button" at the end of the address bar right next to the RSS button. If you are wanting to get that reload button to be more of a standard button like the rest, I don't think there is a way to do that either.

Sorry to bring such bad news, but that is just the way things are I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

Apple Geek

Are you talking about the "add bookmark" button? I was able to just drag mine away when in customize.

Edited by Dolphbucs

Add a Bookmark button - I wasn't able to just drag it out of the toolbar in Customize without dumping the Address window, too. But, I was able to drag it up to the Toolbar in Customize to a spot other than standard and then drag it out to get rid of it.

Yeah, that's the way it works for me also, Husker. Sort of round about but it does get the job done.

Add a Bookmark button - I wasn't able to just drag it out of the toolbar in Customize without dumping the Address window, too. But, I was able to drag it up to the Toolbar in Customize to a spot other than standard and then drag it out to get rid of it.

Awesome, that worked for me! Great tip, thanks!

Apple Geek

Weird, though.

It's back (seemingly attached to the left edge of the address bar) and now my address bar is short and over to the right.

This hint agreed with Huskermn's technique for removing the Bookmark button.

Did you notice there's a "Reload button" on the right inside the URL address field? Not sure why, I kind of liked the old button better, tool, but maybe I'll get used to it.

Sneaky but effective. Thanks. :)

This hint agreed with Huskermn's technique for removing the Bookmark button.

Did you notice there's a "Reload button" on the right inside the URL address field? Not sure why, I kind of liked the old button better, tool, but maybe I'll get used to it.

I had not noticed that. It doesn't seem particularly convenient to me, either. If I have my hand on my mouse, which is probably less than half the time, it would be more convenient to go to 'View' and go to 'Reload Page'. Or so it seems to me now. Thanks also. :)