bmwsalesguy

Lost My iTunes Video

Hi All

Recently got a 24" iMac. Migrated all info over firewire from a G5. Everything went perfect and i couldn't be happier. Went to play an old iTunes downloaded music video and it just plays the sound. Checked the other iTunes purchased music videos and i have sound but no picture. Purchased iTunes movies work well and so do other videos that i put into iTunes. Made sure the computer is authorized. i think i tried all the different settings. Could be some setting that i'm overlooking. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked. Thanks for any and all help!

Been a MacCast listener since day one and wouldn't miss a download. Thanks for all the Apple info!!! bmwsalesguy@mac.com

Try opening iTunes' Preferences, go to the Playback pane, and see how the pull-down menus are set for "Play Movies & TV shows in:" and "Play Music videos in:". Try "in artwork viewer" and "in iTunes Window" to see how they work out.

Do you have a 2nd monitor configured by any chance? Spaces enabled? Try F6 to see if you can locate the separate video window.

The only other thing that comes to mind for me is an 'authorized machines' conflict.

Since it's a purchased video, I would make sure to have your MobileMe info in the appropriate preferences.