Sign in to follow this  
Sir Peter

In Car Webcam Problem

Well, I am going on Holiday this weekend, and I was hoping to record parts of the trip from a webcam and possibly iStopmotion time lapse recording. I have a new White Macbook and an old webcam mounted in the car, the problem is that when I have recorded/tested the webcam with a programme called macam, it will not record a good picture when the sun is bright outside, it like pulsates from light to dark. Can I stop this? I don't want to buy this iStopmotion programme if I can not stop this pulsating, any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Sir Peter

Oxford UK

have you tried recording with a different Mac program, such as iMovie or Photobooth ?

You might try iGlasses to override the Mac webcam's auto-exposure and auto-focus. Often when the camera tries to automatically adapt to changing brightness, it produces odd results.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have used the built in webcam and it is OK, it is just the one that I have mounted near the sunvisor that is having this flashing/pulsating problems. The programme that I am using to record with is iStopmotion which has a very good timelapse feature that I would like to use. Do you think this iGlasses work with the external camera?

Thanks

Pete

have you tried recording with a different Mac program, such as iMovie or Photobooth ?

You might try iGlasses to override the Mac webcam's auto-exposure and auto-focus. Often when the camera tries to automatically adapt to changing brightness, it produces odd results.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have used the built in webcam and it is OK, it is just the one that I have mounted near the sunvisor that is having this flashing/pulsating problems. The programme that I am using to record with is iStopmotion which has a very good timelapse feature that I would like to use. Do you think this iGlasses work with the external camera?

iStopMotion is on iGlasses's list of compatible apps: http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/apps.html

iGlasses "system requirements" says it works with any webcam powered by macam. http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/req.html

I suggest you click on their "Download the demo," install the free demo version, and see how it works out.