Sign in to follow this  
Bready29645

Notes sync?

I thought the new update was suppose to sync your notes? I have an iMac 20" Intel running 10.5.7. Just updated my iPhone to 3.0. Notes "say" they are syncing but don't show up in my mailbox (AppleMail). I did a test and created a new note in Mail. Didn't show up and it's checked to show in Mailbox in Prefs. I restarted. Check preferences. Then when I synced by iPhone, it showed up there. So obviously it's there somewhere, but not showing up. Anyone got a fix?

Just tried searching in Spotlight on the iMac. It finds the synced (and opens) the synced notes in Mail!!! But they still don't show up. Weird!!

Edited by Bready29645

Look in the Reminders section of mail. They live there.

By default, Mail doesn't show notes. But once you create a new note in Mail, that "Reminders" section that Graham mentioned will show up. The note syncing is pretty awesome on a side note though.

OK, what I found is that the initial note has to be started in the Mail application. Once there, it seems to sync both ways. However all the notes that are on my iPhone do not sync to Mail. I guess I'll have to email them to me so that I can initiate them in Mail. Changes after that sync both ways but it's the notes I have on my iPhone that have never been on Mail before that are the issue. I can live the work around. Thanks for you help!

Sounds odd. All the notes created on my iPhone (never really used notes before, I used evernote to get around the syncing issue pre 3.0) are sitting in my Notes section in mail...