Sign in to follow this  
Lexonex

iPod Touch 3.0 Email Push Fetch Confusion

Greetings Mac Fans and Experts,

Have another question/concern. In a nutshell, when I had 2.0 whatever I simply had to click on my email application from the main menu and all my accounts (me.com embarqmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com and gmail.com) would automatically check for emails and download them all. It was Great. Now, with 3.0 on my iPod Touch I have to click on some of the accounts individually before my email will download. Kind of bothersome. How can I fix this?

thanks.

Does pushing the little refresh arrow in the bottom left corner of the Accounts screen not refresh all of your accounts? It does for me.

Apple Geek

gmail.com and me.com pushes through without having to open the email application....when I push the circular arrow in the bottom left corner; nothing happens (that is it searches but no download of email)...Like I say, I have to go into each email account individually to have the email download for viewing.....

Edited by Lexonex

gmail.com and me.com pushes through without having to open the email application....when I push the circular arrow in the bottom left corner; nothing happens (that is it searches but no download of email)...Like I say, I have to go into each email account individually to have the email download for viewing.....

Go into your Settings and under your "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" preferences, click on "Fetch New Data", then "Advanced". Check your settings for each account. BTW, are you sure you just don't have Gmail set to check every so often? Because as far as I know, Gmail does not offer push support. If it does, then how do you set it up? Cause I'd like to have it. Good luck.

This is doing the same for me, my RoadRunner accounts do not check unless I go into the Inbox, then they update. My MobileMe, Yahoo and Gmail ones are fine when I get to the main screen (do not have push enabled).

roog

This is doing the same for me, my RoadRunner accounts do not check unless I go into the Inbox, then they update. My MobileMe, Yahoo and Gmail ones are fine when I get to the main screen (do not have push enabled).

roog

Ok, this seems to work for my POP RoadRunner accounts now.

I changed my settings in Setttings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Advanced for each account to Manual instead of Fetch. (My Fetch setting is manually and not a timed one.)

Now when I open Mail.app on the accounts screen all the accounts check and download.

roog