alanderego

Address Book Contact Photo

Hey everybody,

My wife has a picture assigned to a contact in her address book that was taken with her iPhone.

She told me that when she took the photo that she assigned it to the contact and did not save it.

She would really like the photo.

Is there a way to extract the photo from the address book?

Thanks,

Alan

I found something here that sort of answers your question. It seems if you open Address Book, find the contact, hit the "Edit" button and double click on the image, you can then copy the image. It's not a very good solution though, as it's a very small image (not original resolution, but in my case my photos were added through Address Book, so if the images were added via the iPhone, it may be different). Anyway, give this a try and see if it works for you.

Edit: Took out quote.

Edited by groomsy57

I found something here that sort of answers your question. It seems if you open Address Book, find the contact, hit the "Edit" button and double click on the image, you can then copy the image. It's not a very good solution though, as it's a very small image (not original resolution, but in my case my photos were added through Address Book, so if the images were added via the iPhone, it may be different). Anyway, give this a try and see if it works for you.

Edit: Took out quote.

Thanks for the link...

That worked, but I just someplace to paste the picture after I copy it.

Alan

After you copy an image, just open Preview and go to File -> New From Clipboard.

After you copy an image, just open Preview and go to File -> New From Clipboard.

Thanks that worked perfectly.

I saved it as a TIFF and it looks fine to me.