Surfer220

Project / Task Manager for iPhone

Hello-

Does anybody know of a good task manager/project manager for the iPhone that's reasonably priced? Thanks.

Quick background note: I bought OmniFocus for my MacBook Pro based partly on the assumption that I could use it for my iPhone, but then I found out that they charge an additional $20 on top of what I already paid for the desktop version and so I'm looking for alternatives.

No idea, but I've heard good things about Omni stuff.

If the desktop version does what you want, isn't it worth another $20 to extend it to your iPhone? Isn't the time you'd need to learn something else worth at least $20.

Don't get me wrong, I can be as frugal as the next guy and $20 seems pricey for an iPhone appl but I think professionals tend to undervalue their time in cost/benefit equations

No idea, but I've heard good things about Omni stuff.

If the desktop version does what you want, isn't it worth another $20 to extend it to your iPhone? Isn't the time you'd need to learn something else worth at least $20.

Don't get me wrong, I can be as frugal as the next guy and $20 seems pricey for an iPhone appl but I think professionals tend to undervalue their time in cost/benefit equations

Yeah, you got a point. I'm a pretty big Omni fan (i've also got Outliner and Graffle). I probably will go ahead and shell out the extra money. Thanks for your feedback.

Before you do, you might want to contact the Omni folks and see if you can negotiate a discount since you already have multiple titles. Just send their sales folks an email telling them how much you like their software but that that additional $20 kinda irks you as somebody who is already a big supporter.

Way back when, when Toast was in it's early days, I raved about it on a review somewhere and they contacted me about beta testing the next version, which I did. They gave me a free copy of the real version when it came out but wanted me to spend $50 for the next upgrade. I contacted them about the cost and told them the story. They ended up giving me the next version free, too.

Never hurts to ask.

Before you do, you might want to contact the Omni folks and see if you can negotiate a discount since you already have multiple titles. Just send their sales folks an email telling them how much you like their software but that that additional $20 kinda irks you as somebody who is already a big supporter.

Way back when, when Toast was in it's early days, I raved about it on a review somewhere and they contacted me about beta testing the next version, which I did. They gave me a free copy of the real version when it came out but wanted me to spend $50 for the next upgrade. I contacted them about the cost and told them the story. They ended up giving me the next version free, too.

Never hurts to ask.

I make heavy use of OmniFocus on my iPhone and Mac. It's OK, but the Mac app performance is a bit sluggish at times and sync'ing to the iPhone can take ages, even though I sync several times a day - syncing regularly is supposed to help keep sync times short.

Perhaps I just have too many things on my list of things to do?!