Sign in to follow this  
wizardgold

My son has switched

wizardgold    25

I gave my youngest son my old iMac with a wacom tablet so that he could do his digital art while at art college. He had used a Mac while doing a Photoshop course the previous year and had expressed interest in the Mac. Now he has plans to by the same as his older brother just got his hands on, a MacBookPro 2.66Ghz.

I recommended that one to both of the lads because the photshop work for the artist and the video work for the camera man son. He nearly down graded to the base model due to lack of money so I had to stump up to help him get what I considered a minimum for the work they want to do. The 2.66 has the extra video card in there and will be extra useful when Snow Leopard comes to us in September.

The Camera guy actually got the MacBookPro now and has been playing with Garageband while importing the video from his new camera, a Sony EX1, so he has 2 toys to play with. I have told him to start saving for a Drobo for his video storage. He will be creating loads of mega bytes of content so he will need one. for sure.