Sign in to follow this  
John

iTunes Radio Radio Requests Authentication to pri.kts-af.net

I am unable to access iTunes radio stations, or even get them to display, and have not been able to troubleshoot the problem. Any help will be very much appreciated.

I'm pasting this in from an unanswered Apple support discussion thread, as my wife is having the same problems. Any ideas?

Whenever I attempt to open the disclosure triangles for the stream categories of the iTunes radio stations, iTunes displays a dialog box titled "Authentication Required" with text "to access this site, you need to log in to area 'Members Only' on pri.kts-af.net" and requests a username and password. The iTunes status display in the top center of the window shows the text "Contacting tuning service...Refreshing Category List" and a progress bar.

If I click "Cancel" in the dialog, iTunes displays the same dialog a second time. Clicking "Cancel" a second time results in the display of an information alert with the text "an error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your Internet connection, or try again later." The disclosure triangles rotate to the "open" position, but no stations are displayed.

I might add that I am able to access iTunes radio stations on my laptop using same network no problem. My wife has a powerbook G4, I have a macbook pro, both running Leopard.

John,

What version of iTunes are you using? And are you accessing the internet from work, ISP, or some other service?

pri.kts-af.net resolves to tunes.apple.com.akadns.net, which is Apple's services on Akamai's high-bandwidth distributed data services.

Some companies block this to prevent employees from streaming music. It shouldn't normally require authentication.

To test your connection, open Terminal and tyle "telnet pri.kts-af.net 80" and type Return. You should get output liek this:

% telnet pri.kts-af.net 80

Trying 17.149.160.54...

Connected to tunes.apple.com.akadns.net.

Escape character is '^]'.