Sign in to follow this  
macboer

forum comments

This is kind of a contradicting post-thing-question.

but i never know if i can trust forum posts (maccast forums are i bit more reliable)

everywhere i read people say the iphone battery sucks and it is slower since 3.0.

how true is this?

i know there's a lot of things to consider and the terms are relative but i think you guys

know what i mean.

thanks. :blink:

This is kind of a contradicting post-thing-question.

but i never know if i can trust forum posts (maccast forums are i bit more reliable)

everywhere i read people say the iphone battery sucks and it is slower since 3.0.

how true is this?

i know there's a lot of things to consider and the terms are relative but i think you guys

know what i mean.

thanks. :blink:

I've experienced both of these with my iPhone 3G running the 3.0 software. However, it's one of those growing pains I feel. If you were an original iPhone owner and upgraded to the 2.0 software when it came out, you'll remember battery life went down and the phone felt slower. Then when the 2.1 software came out, battery life improved and the speed of the software improved. I know the speed thing is a pretty common thing (i.e. things start to become more refined in later versions) but I feel the battery life thing is another one of those things that will be fixed in 3.1. That's just my opinion/experience though.

thanks. :)

i haven't experienced any change in battery life since upgrading to 3.0.

MacCast 07.10.2009 - Show #271 covers such issues. Use the Show Notes here and the "Chapters" option in iTunes to locate the specifics.