Sign in to follow this  
tomad

Jail Break 1st gen iPhone into iPhone Touch

Hello,

I have a 3G S, great love it. I want to jail break my old 1st Gen iPhone and give it to my daughter to use as a "no phone but all other features iPhone touch" you might say. What is the best jail break and way to go about that?

Thanks, Tom

You don't need to jailbreak it. Just take the sim card out. She'll still be able to make emergency phone calls, but that's about it.

You don't need to jailbreak it. Just take the sim card out. She'll still be able to make emergency phone calls, but that's about it.

Graham, I had reset the phone, erasing all contacts and settings. So now It's an empty phone that want's AT&T activation before It will do anything. Seems like I need to jail break it.

Set it up as a new iPhone with the old sim in, once all is finished take the sim out. I can 100% guarantee you don't need to jailbreak it as I've done this before.

Set it up as a new iPhone with the old sim in, once all is finished take the sim out. I can 100% guarantee you don't need to jailbreak it as I've done this before.

OK, sounds good, so I' m going to pop the old SIM out of my 3G S into my old first gen set it up, pop the SIM out and back into my 3G S and then I'm good to go. The first gen will sync to the computer I set it up on, like an iPod Touch, and the 3G S will sync to it's computer like a normal iPhone as before, right?

Exactamundo.

Perfectamundo, thank you so much man, it works great.