Sign in to follow this  
wheels

Can't get apple tv to read new dvd

I used hand brake to rip my dvd and created the new file just fine. I loaded the file into my shared movies with no problem. I can view the new movie on my itunes with no problem.

But for some reason - apple tv can't see the movie. I don't have a problem with my other movies, but for some reason this one could not be viewed with apple tv.

Does anyone know why?

Does anyone know of other sources of apple tv information? Can I do other things with apple tv?

Generally I think this little box is great. I don't like the interface for surfing you tube. I should be able to plug in a wireless keyboard or something. But for watching your movie collection and using your wireless network to stream your movies - this thing is great.

I don't have an Apple TV, so I have no direct experience, but I do know that on my iTunes "Advanced" menu there's a "Create Apple TV version" just below the "Create iPod or iPhone version". I would try applying that to the balking video, and I presume iTunes will re-encode it to something appropriate to Apple TV.

What settings did you use with Handbreak to rip the DVD?

If you used the default settings the ATV doesn't seem to like it. There is an Apple Universal setting that will allow it to work on all Apple devices. i've had the same issue previously.