Sign in to follow this  
Bready29645

VMware Fusion and USB Tablet

I'm a new switcher who has just installed VMware Fusion on my new 13" MBPro. I wish I didn't have to run Windoz but I have several machine embroidery software programs that will accept nothing less :angry: . So I have installed the software (VM and embroidery) with no issues. I actually found it very easy to install. The software programs have a security hasp and it was recognized (found new hardware) as soon as it was plugged into the USB.

One of the parts of the software uses a USB Wacom tablet. When I plugged the tablet in while in the Win side, the normal "new hardware found" notification did not appear. The small tablet light does shine. I installed the drivers and associated software anyway. The pen and tablet function (kinda) but it is not orientated properly to the screen. When I tap on the tablet properties (that installed w/ the drivers) to try and adjust anything, I get a tablet not found/installed notification. Is there something else I need to do in Fusion to recognize the tablet? Or might this be a Windows (XP Home) issue? Any/all guidance is really appreciated!

If you can see the tablet in windows at all then VMWare has done it's job of passing the USB data from the host OS (OS X) to the guest OS (winblows). I take it you went through the same install process in the virtual machine as you did on your PC? Sorry I can't be more help, I'm totally a mac guy!

If you can see the tablet in windows at all then VMWare has done it's job of passing the USB data from the host OS (OS X) to the guest OS (winblows). I take it you went through the same install process in the virtual machine as you did on your PC? Sorry I can't be more help, I'm totally a mac guy!

Thanks. I got it working. I hadn't enabled that particular USB device in Fusion. Once I did that, I uninstalled the software/drivers and reinstalled and it now works fine. Thanks for your reply.