Dayjob Dave

Parallels for Mac

I have tried to devote more of my HD space to Parallels but I have only been able to increase the size of the unused partition set aside for Parallels. How can I adjust the relative size of the partitions for Parallels - or eliminate the partition entirely? I am speaking of the partition within Parallels, not the partition that the Mac devotes to Parallels.

Do you have Parallels running from a virtual hard drive file or a boot camp partition?

Do you have Parallels running from a virtual hard drive file or a boot camp partition?

A virtual hard drive file.

Totally a guess, but I would think you would need to run a Windows utility which can dynamically repartition the virtual hard drive, like Drive Genius does with a real one on the Mac.

And, not really doing Windows support, I have no idea if such an animal exists.

I believe you need to use a utility such as PartitionMagic to resize a windows partition.

There are some open source utilities such as GParted that will allow you to do this. Such a utility should be available on a CD bootable Linux distro.

I believe you need to use a utility such as PartitionMagic to resize a windows partition.

There are some open source utilities such as GParted that will allow you to do this. Such a utility should be available on a CD bootable Linux distro.

Wow - there is some intimidating (to me) stuff on the Gnome/Gparted site! I've got some studying to do.

This is much easier than the other think.

1) Get your self to the computer management. (how you do that depends on the version of winders you have installed) Usually it's control panel, the compute management.

2) The computer management console has a disk management section. Here is where you can change the size of disk partitions.