Sign in to follow this  
Lexonex

Update 10.5.8

Just finished downloading Leopard OS Update 10.5.8

Being a Mac Newbie, is that indicative of Snow Leopard's release in the very near future?

I don't know that I'd read much into it either way. Most likely they just had some bugs to fix, and some new RAW cameras to support. (And besides, it was critical my iDisk icon be changed to blue immediately :)

Snow Leopard is Intel-only, so likely Apple will be updating 10.5 for some time yet.

Apple also provided a security update to 10.4 on the same day, and these security flaws were fixed in the 10.5.8, too, including one of those dreaded dreaded "stack overflow condition leading to arbitrary code execution with system privileges" in the network.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3757

Thanks. Hey, it is blue!

My understanding is that Apple may be releasing Snow Leopard (10.6.0) as early as next month -- September!

Therefore, my sense is that this latest version of Mac OS X -- 10.5.8 -- in all probability, may be the last update for just plain Leopard.

:(

My understanding is that Apple may be releasing Snow Leopard (10.6.0) as early as next month -- September!

Therefore, my sense is that this latest version of Mac OS X -- 10.5.8 -- in all probability, may be the last update for just plain Leopard.

Apple still updates previous releases 1 point back. i.e. They still give updates for Tiger but when (the) Snow Leopard is released, then they will only support Leopard.

To support what others have said ... Apple released 10.4.11 AFTER the release of 10.5

Hearing/Seeing Snow Leopard is shipping August 28th. Anyone confirm? (I'm glad to have my pre-order in)

The store is down...maybe it's ready now?

Yes, Macworld confirmed the Aug 28th release date this AM

And the Apple main page now says the same thing

Edited by Dolphbucs