Iain

Apple mail outbox

Keep loosing my out-box folder. I can see the cue of messages, and the fact they are being sent (mail activity, under folder list), but unable to click on any, as I have no access to the outbox folder, to delete other than pulling the internet connection. Out-box is not shown, and is grey out "go to" (F2). Any thoughts?

I think this is normal... the "sending" outbox in Mail only appears when mail is actually being sent (much as iTunes' "Download" folder only shows up when downloads are in progress), a waystation between "Draft" and "Sent."

Yes, this is normal. The outbox only appears when there is mail that is unsent. Once it is sent, it is put into your Sent box.

Yes, this is normal. The outbox only appears when there is mail that is unsent. Once it is sent, it is put into your Sent box.

Problem is I can not see the outbox, when messages have not been sent. When the messages have be sent, they move to sent folder, which happens.

Problem is I can not see the outbox, when messages have not been sent. When the messages have be sent, they move to sent folder, which happens.

look in drafts.

I think i've had this happen before. A message gets stuck in the outbox, but the outbox doesn't show up in the sidebar. I've been able to fix that simply by re-launching Mail.

I think i've had this happen before. A message gets stuck in the outbox, but the outbox doesn't show up in the sidebar. I've been able to fix that simply by re-launching Mail.

Yep, me too. I relunched mail, then it appears in the outbox. Not a very Apple way of doing things, me thinks.