Sign in to follow this  
McKenzie Carlile

iTunes + Time Capsule

So, I am having some trouble with moving my iTunes library. I have successfully moved my iTunes library to my time capsule and can access the music from iTunes and iPod/iPhone. However, when I add music and apps to iTunes, it does not send the files to my wireless hard drive with the rest of my iTunes library, but it keeps it on my local hard drive in the iTunes folder which I migrated all the files from.

Also, my iTunes can't "find" my music until I click on each individual track. This triggers iTunes to connect to the hard drive and causes my system to shudder. It sounds like I have a good deal of iTunes trouble on my hands. Any tips?

The volume needs to be mounted before iTunes is opened, otherwise itunes will spazz out a little.

As to your apps problem, I'd probably move the downloaded apps folder (not on my mac with my itunes on at the moment, so can't tell you what it's called exactly) and make a symbolic link in the terminal to point to it.

Edited by Graham

The volume needs to be mounted before iTunes is opened, otherwise itunes will spazz out a little.

As to your apps problem, I'd probably move the downloaded apps folder (not on my mac with my itunes on at the moment, so can't tell you what it's called exactly) and make a symbolic link in the terminal to point to it.

OK. Is there a way for me to have my Time Capsule AirDisk mounted permanently? I have no idea about the "symbolic link in the terminal" to connect my downloads folder with the iTunes library. Is there a preference where I can just have new content added to the same iTunes library on my Time Capsule?

Thanks