Sign in to follow this  
McKenzie Carlile

Carbonite

I installed carbonite backup service on my Mac. I deleted the application, but when my computer is booted, I continually get a pop up that says that their was a problem with carbonite installation. I have used spotlight and finder to search for "carbonite" but nothing appears. I NEED THIS GONE!

I don't really have any sort of experience with Carbonite, but what first came to my mind when reading this is that there is something in Carbonite that is trying to start when you log into your computer. I would check you "Login Items" under your Account in System Preferences. See if there is anything relating to Carbonite in there. Also check /Macintosh HD/Library/StartupItems and see if there is anything in there. Other than that, I don't know what else to do...

Hope something here helps!

Apple Geek

Try AppCleaner. Free software and it does get rid of every file of an application. I like it. It was recommended to me from this board.

AppCleaner

Expanding on the above suggestion you may wish to consider AppDelete and AppZapper - paid-for applications which I've tried but can't comment on much since I rarely install stuff. Widening the matter to other readers... beware of buying something which doesn't run on Snow Leopard if you have or plan to upgrade to that - hence utilise the trial option for each.

Edited by Harry_The_Bustard