Les

Drawing Software Recommendation

Les    0

I used to use an Amiga computer and they had a great drawing program called Deluxe Paint. It was easy to use and allowed you to build animations with 'onion skin' drawing. I cringe at using Photoshop (not intuitive at all). Does anyone have a suggestion as to a program similar to Deluxe Paint?

Thanks

rmsmits    0
I used to use an Amiga computer and they had a great drawing program called Deluxe Paint. It was easy to use and allowed you to build animations with 'onion skin' drawing. I cringe at using Photoshop (not intuitive at all). Does anyone have a suggestion as to a program similar to Deluxe Paint?

Thanks

Sounds like you need a relatively simple and inexpensive bitmap editor. You might want to check out ArtRage http://www.artrage.com/index.html

Not sure about the animations though.

If you want natural media tools and have more $$$ to blow, Corel Painter is the way to go.

wizardgold    25

I have Art Rage and can confirm that it is a handy application for drawing. Pixelmator is another possibility and also Gimp (although I don't much like Gimp)

Corel Painter is indeed a fine application and many concept artists use for creating some amazing art.

Photoshop is an industry standard but does take time to learn, but for now have a look at Artrage and you can use layers to make your onion skinning. have the previous drawing on a separate layer and adjust the opacity of it. The previous layer can be locked so you don't mess it up too.