Sign in to follow this  
joenspa

Bad Leopard Disk

I am getting ready to make 2 rescue drives. One for 10.5 and one for 10.6. So I pulled out my 10.5 Leopard disk and it doesn't work. The disk goes in and is read ok but after you do the restart to start doing the install it just sits there and reboots. All other disks read ok. Also when I was working on what I thought was a bad iMac G5 I could not get it to load without errors. I figured it was the other problems causing the system not to load.

So my question is what do you do with a bad disk? Will Apple replace it? Never had this before.

If this one is trash do you think I can use the one that came with my MacBook Pro?

Let Apple know, there are a number of problems reported with these install disks. I had mine replaced, and a new one arrived in a couple of days. There appears to be no problem with the new disk.

I am getting ready to make 2 rescue drives. One for 10.5 and one for 10.6. So I pulled out my 10.5 Leopard disk and it doesn't work. The disk goes in and is read ok but after you do the restart to start doing the install it just sits there and reboots. All other disks read ok. Also when I was working on what I thought was a bad iMac G5 I could not get it to load without errors. I figured it was the other problems causing the system not to load.

So my question is what do you do with a bad disk? Will Apple replace it? Never had this before.

If this one is trash do you think I can use the one that came with my MacBook Pro?

Edited by hilofoz

Bolts, horses and stable doors I know but you should generate copies of all software/driver/whatever discs as soon as you get them and keep one set well away from the other - especially if you live where there are wildfires.