littlemosdad

The phantom podcast on my IPhone

Ok this one is kind of goofy. I don't now if if is a IPhone problem or an ITunes problem. I am an avid podcast listener and subscribe to 35 different podcasts. I like to manually add and delete them instead of any auto sync function. Last Sunday Nov 14 I updated both my ITunes to v.9 & IPhone to 3.0.1. The following day I did my typical morning routine adding & deleting podcasts. The following afternoon I noticed podcasts on my IPhone that I thought I deleted and just assumed I had missed them. The following morning when I went to delete these podcasts I did not see them in ITunes while I was syncing. But the podcasts are still on my IPhone and I have no idea how to remove them. Is there a way to delete podcasts from the IPhone itself. I was initially just 3 "phantom" podcasts but now it is 5 and I'm afraid that it will slowly begin to hog my memory

Have you tried swiping your finger across the right hand side of the podcast? A little red delete sign should appear.

I think it's an iTunes problem. I have one podcast that won't go away and won't let me use Get Info to change the tags. I ended up manually deleting but it won't let me totally remove from list. It just has the exclamation point indicating it can't find it.

Also, I don't think the swipe/delete works with music/podcasts like it does with other things on the iPhone.

Have you tried swiping your finger across the right hand side of the podcast? A little red delete sign should appear.

I know this won't come as any surprise but I didn't know you could do that. Thanks so very much.

That doesn't seem to work on my iPod Touch running 3.0.1

That doesn't seem to work on my iPod Touch running 3.0.1

Mine says it's on 3.1.1---maybe that's the difference??

Mine says it's on 3.1.1---maybe that's the difference??

And, it only works from the Podcasts section, not from Playlists.

Thanks, podgirl, since I always listen via playlists I didn't know about that either.