daywalkerdha

iPhone alarm clock suggestions?

I'm looking for an alarm clock that works with my iPhone. Preferably with some kind of snooze button and the possibility to use the integrated sounds over external speakers.

Have you tried the built-in Alarm Clock?

It has snooze and lets you set up multiple alarms as well as pick the alarm sound. Also, the Alarm sound comes through the speakers of the Altec Lansing speaker set it docks in so I would think could do with any speakers you want.

I tried the built-in function. I am looking for a dock-like stand where the iPhone gets charged over night and integrated speakers to amplify the sounds or a playlist.

edit: just saw that it does what i need ;)

Does someone know if it also charges iPhones because here it only says that it will charge iPods? I already tried a simple speaker/dock combo from a local store and the iPhone displayed a message that it won't charge with that dock.

Edited by daywalkerdha

I have several versions of speaker sets (most AltecLansing)which all actually charge my 1st gen iPhone. However, the message does display on the iPhone for all of them but, it DOES charge. If you dock the iPhone and clear the message, you can look at the battery icon to see if it is charging.

It's entirely possible that newer iPhones have different charging circuitry or that since the electrical grid is somewhat different in Europe that this might not work, but you should be able to see once you either go to Airplane mode (which, for me, eliminates the occasional chatter noise in the speaker system) or just clear it.

Yes, the charging circuitry is different. I built a portable charger that needs 2 AA's and will charge the iPhone and that also only works either with the original or the 3G.

About the interference problems, I put it into fight mode but still no charging.

I also tried to put out the alarm sounds over the Apple Dock / headphone jack and neither worked so maybe it's not possible.

Does someone know this? They say it should work.

I think i found something that will do everything.

Link

This is an excerpt of a email i got back from them:

Yes the GrooveNeo will work as an alarm clock that will allow you to wake up to music on your iphone. And yes it does have a snooze function.

To select the songs you want to wake up to:

Make sure that whenever you stop the iPod from playing that you use the power button on the NEO instead of the iPod controls on the front of the iPod, otherwise the iPod will fail to turn on when the alarm goes off.

These other products will also work with the iphone 3gs

http://www.cygnett.com/products/speakers/g_time2.htm

http://www.cygnett.com/products/speakers/g_move.htm

We have a new product that will be available in December

http://www.cygnett.com/products/speakers/sonata.htm

Regards

I'm confused. You don't use the built-in alarm, why? I just plug mine into the dock it came with (which charges it) and have it set to whatever time I want to wake up, at which point it rings one of my ringtones.

You can tell it to wake you up at different times for different days too. For example, I have M,T,W,F on one alarm. Thursdays I get up early to meet friends for breakfast, so that day has it's own alarm. I have no alarm set for Saturdays!! And then Sunday I have a later alarm so I can sleep in a little before church.

Really, the built-in alarm is amazing and has way more flexibility than any hardware alarm clock I've ever used. I mean seriously, what alarm clock to do you know that you can tell it which days to wake you up and which days to let you sleep in? And never again will you have to remember to turn your alarm back on after the weekend, etc. It just remembers what day it is and wakes you up accordingly! I love it! :)

You can also set different ring tones for different alarms, which is cool. I have a different one for the weekend, for example.

And you can label your alarms. I have three alarms go off every weekday morning (so I'm not tempted to hit snooze and roll over). My first one just says "Time to Get up!" and the second one ring 15 minutes later that says, "Get a move on!!" The third one is set for about an hour later saying, "Time to go!" (I'm very slow in the mornings until I get my coffee! Lol)

Edited by desertrose0601