mrstucci

2 old podcasts show up in Smart Playlist but can't find in iTunes library

Hi! I finally got around to creating some smart playlists for my podcasts and even got them to play continuously. Whew. Anyway, in one of the smart playlists are 2 old (2008) podcasts I would like to delete but I can't find them in the library when I do a search. Where could they be? Any ideas on how to delete them? Thanks for any help, Judy

Hi! I finally got around to creating some smart playlists for my podcasts and even got them to play continuously. Whew. Anyway, in one of the smart playlists are 2 old (2008) podcasts I would like to delete but I can't find them in the library when I do a search. Where could they be? Any ideas on how to delete them? Thanks for any help, Judy

I would double-check what the settings are on your smart playlist. I have mine set to "all podcasts that I haven't listened to" or whatever the Apple-terminology is for that. Once I'm done listening to a podcast, it drops out of that playlist. Once I sync, it drops out of my iPhone altogether.

So using that logic, if you had your playlist set up that way, then go into the podcast in question, scrub through the playback of that podcast all the way to the end, so it thinks you've listened to it. Then it will drop out of your playlist, and upon syncing, out of your iPod altogether!

Hope this helps!

Edited by desertrose0601

Thanks for that tip! Will give it try. I appreciate you replying to my question, have a good weekend, Judy

Well, tried to make iTunes think I had listened to those 2 old podcasts but when I click on them a gray exclamation point appears. It says it can't find the original one. I tried doing a search for they don't come up. Hohum. What to do now??? And as for adding that tidbit to my Smart List that includes only podcasts I have not listened to.... I have seen that before but darn if I can find it now. Maybe I am too tired. In the morning maybe I can find that option. Judy