Nobody Famous

Why No Student or Government Discounts?

Apple usually offers nice discounts on new software and hardware to students and government employees (like military).

I've been watching the Apple Store, but haven't seen any special pricing on the new iPod Touch releases.

Anyone know why? :huh:

I believe there hasn't been a discount for iPods ( in the Canadian education store, anyway) for quite some time now. Traditionally students and educators can get a free iPod with a computer purchase in the summertime. Again, this is what I've noticed in Canada, but maybe other countries offer an iPod discount.

podgirl is right. Apple ran a 'free ipod with computer purchase' this summer.

The discount programs are available but I'm not sure how it works. From the Main Apple Store page, click on the link to Education Store or Government Store in the upper left pane.

Yeah , I think that's where the confusion may lie ... the discounts are not listed in the main store but you have to enter the special store by naming your school. Also, some school book stores offer additional/better discounts than those listed online. Perhaps this is a shift in Apple's marketing strategy .... it would make sense to me as it may reduce "fraud".

The absolute best discount (when I was at uni anyway) was by accessing the Higher Education store from within your institutions network. I got about £500 off a fully loaded macbook pro a couple of years ago (oh the memories... ;) )