Huskermn

iPhone doesn't connect to G5

My Domestic Associate has a G5 iMac. If she plugs her iPhone into it (or, my iPod Touch for that matter), nothing happens (doesn't charge, iTunes and the machine don't see it, etc). Tried all the USB ports, including those on the keyboard. I thought maybe the ports had lost their power output so bought a powered hub but no change. My other thought was, it's 'an Intel thing', but both devices work fine on her old G4 iMac. I'm perplexed.

Anybody have ideas?

I've had a problem like that charging up my Mom's iPod when the battery was drained. I had to leave it plugged in overnight and then the computer recognized it. Could that be the problem?

Have you tried a different cable?

roog

Thanks. folks, but not it. Have tried 3 diff cables on the machine. The ports seem to work, just not on iPhone or iPod Touch.

Thanks. folks, but not it. Have tried 3 diff cables on the machine. The ports seem to work, just not on iPhone or iPod Touch.

That's really odd, I just didn't see you mention the cable. I have a first generation G4 Tower (with a USB 2.0 PCI card) that I use in addition to a MacBook Pro (2008 model) and it does just fine with both. That goes for my first generation iPhone 4b and my 32gb 3Gs.

roog

That's really odd, I just didn't see you mention the cable. I have a first generation G4 Tower (with a USB 2.0 PCI card) that I use in addition to a MacBook Pro (2008 model) and it does just fine with both. That goes for my first generation iPhone 4b and my 32gb 3Gs.

roog

That's why it's so wired. Works fine on the G4 iMac, but not the G5