desertrose0601

Mozy issues w/ my MacBook

I started using Mozy about two weeks ago. It took probably 4-5 days and several false starts before I finally got a completed backup. Since then I have yet to have any successful backups, due largely in part to the fact that my computer is a MacBook which gets opened and shut a lot (thereby interrupting the backup, which makes it need to start over). I've tried leaving my laptop open overnight (for several days), but more often than not, this backup fails and I just have to start over again.

So I have two questions:

1) How would you suggest using Mozy with a laptop? Do I need to just leave it on and open all the time??? This seems highly inconvenient.

2) Is there another comparable solution for backup that doesn't mind the constant turning on and off that occurs with a laptop?

I use backblaze which seems to work well (it says there's nothing to back up, but what do I know?)

I use backblaze which seems to work well (it says there's nothing to back up, but what do I know?)

Does it work well with a laptop though? Does it mind being interrupted or does it freak out and have to start over if you shut the laptop in the middle of a backup? I'm sure Mozy works well too in theory, but the constant turning off/on seems to not sit so well with it.

I'm using it on my macbook pro with no issues.