Sign in to follow this  
qwalsius

airport express and usb hub

Hello all. Today I purchased a usb hub by Kensington that has 7 USB ports powered externally by a adaptor. Having read on apples site that it's possible to use USB hubs to hook up printers I was excited to see this and knowing that it has power coming to it I figured it would be a great solution for me. I have two Dymo thermal printers, and all in one EPSON and a large format EPSON printer. I hooked the hub up to my airport express thinking I could print but it turns out going through all of my printers none worked while connected to the Kensington Pockethub USB port despite being powered with the adaptor. Does anyone know of a possible solution or alternative. I know I can hook this hub directly up to my Macbook Pro but I'd rather not have to move to that part of the office as I'm also hooked up to an external monitor and speakers. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Do the printers definitely work with the express without the hub? I've never been able to get anything other than very basic functionality through the extreme / express' built in print server with very few printers.