Sign in to follow this  
rmsmits

Wireless TV

In my effort to go wireless and in my great distain for Time Warner Cable, I'm considering going back to an old school TV antenna for broadcast stations. With hi-def broadcast the norm now, I was wondering how the picture quality is and if anyone had a recommendation for an antenna?

Thanks

I think what you're talking about is called OTA--over the air. The picture quality varies with your location. Where I live (halfway between Detroit and Toronto) the reception is terrible, but in Toronto, people pick up all kinds of HD channels. If you Google 'OTA Chicago' you'll get the information you're looking for, I believe.

I think what you're talking about is called OTA--over the air. The picture quality varies with your location. Where I live (halfway between Detroit and Toronto) the reception is terrible, but in Toronto, people pick up all kinds of HD channels. If you Google 'OTA Chicago' you'll get the information you're looking for, I believe.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/

This website shows you what the reception should be in your neighborhood.

Yeah OTA, but wireless sounds more current.smile.gif I always thought it was kinda funny how people got so excited about seeing pixelated, sub-par quality video that had to first load up on a computer that was wired when for 50 years you could get rather good quality video without load times, "wirelessly."

Anyway, thanks for the link. This is helpful. As I look into this though it appears that rotating antennas and dealing with finicky reception may be just as painful to deal with as Time Warner. dry.gif