harry747

Any iPhone developers here?

so far i can only run my app in the simulator :-(

anyway, i get a location from the CLLocationManager, and I want to make the MapView show that location. problem is, the map doesn't change when I use setRegion:. I can compile the app ok, I don't get any error messages or anything, but the map doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, i can zoom in and scroll the map using the mouse, but how do I zoom out in the simulator?

never mind, i found out why the map view didn't respond to setRegion: it wasn't properly connected to its outlet.

never mind, i found out why the map view didn't respond to setRegion: it wasn't properly connected to its outlet.

If you're a paid-up iPhone developer, I'd recommend posting questions in the official Apple developer forums, or one of the many iPhone development related forums out there. Not trying to be nasty or accuse you of being off topic, just trying to help you get your questions answered. As someone who's been through the iPhone development learning curve myself, I know there will be many more questions like this to come :).

thanks,

Andy

I've tried the forums, but I can't get in. For some reason it keeps kicking me back to the login screen :-(

and yes, I've paid my 100 bucks (or 60 quid, in my case).