Johanna

Getting an iPhone, should I hold off?

10 posts in this topic

I want to buy an iPhone after christmas, but should I wait? Does anyone know something about any talk of a newer version?

I don't want to buy one know, only to see a new model coming out 6 months later.

+ What tips, tricks and apps should I know of?

I want to buy an iPhone after christmas, but should I wait? Does anyone know something about any talk of a newer version?

I don't want to buy one know, only to see a new model coming out 6 months later.

+ What tips, tricks and apps should I know of?

Here is a good site for checking average product refresh cycles.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPhone

iPhone is beyond the average refresh cycle, so chances are, a new model is coming soon. My guess is we will hear about a new model in Q1 2010.

Ok, so I should definitely wait till march-april?

If you don't need one right now, I'd hold off until they announce something. Nothing like the thrill of a hot-off-the-press Apple toy :)

Going on previous releases, you're looking at June / July time for an upgrade (I hope so anyway, the girlfriend wants my 3GS!).

I still have the original iPhone. No plans to upgrade until a new one is announced. 4G? 3GSX?

My wife has a 3GS, and I get jealous whenever i use it :)

Expect a new model toward the end of June / beginning of July. That's the historical iPhone refresh timeframe. What will be new in the next release is yet to be seen, too many people are consumed by the tablet rumors.

I too have this dilema!!!

Checked the web like crazy and everyone pretty much agrees that a new iphone will be due for in June / beginning of July. The main speculation revolves around what we can expect to see and from what I read the things that are pretty much certain are a new screen with better resolution (something to match the dext / droid - Nokia n900), upgraded memory (prices are down so almost certain), revised body (poss no plastic) and upgraded camera with flash (poss 5mpx, as 3mpx is pretty sad by todays standards).

Then there's the possiblites of an ichat camera at the front, wireless charging a la palm, replaceable battery and of course the speculation of 4g will they / wont they???

What I dont know is the likelyhood of 4G in Spain and the new phone arriving here as quickly as it will in the states... decisions decisions!!!

What I dont know is the likelyhood of 4G in Spain and the new phone arriving here as quickly as it will in the states... decisions decisions!!!

4G is pretty non-existant here in America. I highly doubt Apple would be including 4G support in the next iPhone.

A user replaceable battery? It's more likely that pigs will fly.