mr.e-man

Sorting of Smart Playlist on iPhone

Got a question for y'all that I haven't been able to solve. I have a smart playlist in iTunes that gathers all my podcasts from the past 14 days that haven't been listened to. In iTunes I have this list sorted by released date so that the oldest one is on top (I want to hear podcasts in the order they were released, not what was most recently downloaded). All of this works brilliantly in iTunes. I have the smart playlist set to sync over to my iPhone (3GS - latest firmware). I used to get all kinds of cool things with this playlist on my iPhone. It would auto-update so that when a podcast finished on my iPhone it was removed from the playlist before re-syncing to iTunes, and it would be in the correct sorting order. Now, for a reason unknown to me, the playlist comes up in a jumbled order on my iPhone and it does not auto-update. I've tried deleting and recreating the podcast in iTunes, but that seems to make no difference.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Got a question for y'all that I haven't been able to solve. I have a smart playlist in iTunes that gathers all my podcasts from the past 14 days that haven't been listened to. In iTunes I have this list sorted by released date so that the oldest one is on top (I want to hear podcasts in the order they were released, not what was most recently downloaded). All of this works brilliantly in iTunes. I have the smart playlist set to sync over to my iPhone (3GS - latest firmware). I used to get all kinds of cool things with this playlist on my iPhone. It would auto-update so that when a podcast finished on my iPhone it was removed from the playlist before re-syncing to iTunes, and it would be in the correct sorting order. Now, for a reason unknown to me, the playlist comes up in a jumbled order on my iPhone and it does not auto-update. I've tried deleting and recreating the podcast in iTunes, but that seems to make no difference.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

I too have this problem and it drives me nuts! I would like to arrange the podcasts in a particular order in iTunes so I can listen to particular podcasts first, but the iPhone since the update previous to the last one stubbornly refuses to honor any order I set in iTunes. This used to work beautifully and has been broken for a while now. I've seen or heard nothing about this anywhere else, so your confirmation that I'm not the only one experiencing this is helpful. Maybe I need to call Apple to complain about this. I doubt there is a workaround, I think Apple needs to fix it.