Peter000

Cool iPhone apps

I just downloaded an app called "Voice Band," and it's probably the coolest app around. Basically, it lets you create a song on the iPhone by just singing into it. It has different instrument samples and you can layer them all for a very great rock band effect. Check out this youtube video for more...

(and I'm just a user, no connection to the developer/s)

I still really like Shazam and Google Maps is just SO handy.

Recently a couple of my apps impressed a decidedly non-technical type--I was able to give him the score of an NFL game using ScoreMobile and was using Cleartune to check my pitch before a rehearsal. He said he would never make fun of my iPhone again! For games I like Bejeweled 2, Green Grocer is what I use for grocery lists and for news I love NYTimes, USA Today and Engadget. Voice Band sounds really cool!

How about the newly released ComicBookLover for iPhone? Hey, if you can read novels on the device why not comic books?

PushMail -- Does what the name suggests. Must be jailbroken and use Cydia.

IntelliScreen -- Allows you to out weather, news, RSS feeds, email, etc. on home screen. Must be jailbroken and use Cydia.

Amazon Kindle App -- Only downside is that you can't read your magazines or newspapers with it.

Vlingo -- Voice control / recognition that making many functions handsfree.