Bready29645

iPhone tethering

So does anyone think that with the iPad announcement that AT&T will allow tethering on the iPhone around the same time as the iPad roll out? You would think that they before they'd allow a new (iPad) Apple device connection to the network, they'd fulfill all the promises for the previous device (iPhone).

one can only hope...

i've actually been using a Boingo account in the absence of tethering. i spend a lot of time at airports, so it works out well for me. just $9.95 / month in America. I'm sure AT&T will be charing more than that when (if?) they roll out their tethering.

one can only hope...

i've actually been using a Boingo account in the absence of tethering. i spend a lot of time at airports, so it works out well for me. just $9.95 / month in America. I'm sure AT&T will be charing more than that when (if?) they roll out their tethering.

So does anyone think that with the iPad announcement that AT&T will allow tethering on the iPhone around the same time as the iPad roll out? You would think that they before they'd allow a new (iPad) Apple device connection to the network, they'd fulfill all the promises for the previous device (iPhone).

I think the iPad joining the network makes it even less likely the DeathStar will allow tethering. And, I heard this elsewhere and would attribute if I remembered where, but the no contract data plans for the iPad is probably what convinced Apple to stay with AT&T.