Larry

New iTunes 9.0.3 and iPod SW 3.1.3

Downloaded the latest update of itunes and ipod software.

I've been hoping for a fix to the problem with sorting on a playlist. If you turn on Auto updating it doesn't sort properly.

Well the problem isn't fixed with this update either. Now if you have auto update turned on when you sync then NOTHING gets copied to your iPod. The interesting part is that iTunes shows that the playlist has been down loaded but when you open the playlist on the iPod it says "NO MUSIC".

Does Apple even test their updates.

I'm currently running with a brand new iPod Touch 64.

The other issue is that the upgrade insists on backing up my iPod. I've got 50 GB of data on GoodReader and I'm not prepared to wait ALL NIGHT for the backup to finish. Come on Steve provide some backup options (I DO NOT WANT TO BACKUP GOODREADER)!!!

Does anyone know how to downgrade to iTunes 8.x and what ever software for the iPod would match? Let me know. Thanks

------

Update Feb 3

This link will give you iTunes 8- http://support.apple.com/kb/DL857

It'll not likely help me though with the new iPod

Edited by Larry

I haven't experienced those problems with my 3GS.

Here's a CNET video about how to not do the Backup.

CNET Skip the iTunes Backup Process

If you turn on Auto updating it doesn't sort properly.

Well the problem isn't fixed with this update either.

Thanks for the report, Larry. I sort my podcast smart playlist (by rating) so my podcasts play in the order I want when driving. When iTunes 9 broke that feature after installing Snow Leopard, I rolled back to iTunes 8.2.1. Since Apple mentioned a fix for podcast playlist sorting in the 9.0.3 release note, I was almost ready to try the update again.

(The only thing I had to do last time to roll back my iTunes to 8.2.1 was restore the iTunes application and the "iTunes Library" file to its pre-iTunes9 condition. If you don't have Time Machine or some other backup handy, iTunes 9 thoughtfully saves the previous library in the "Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries" folder for you. iTunes 8.2.1 works fine with my iPod Classic. (There are some iTunes store features not available without iTunes 9.)