Sign in to follow this  
Ron in KY

Firewall settings D-Link

Hi Guys, I have been trying to get port 8000 open for Nicecast allow connection from the internet, it works with any computer on the network, but it not getting out to the outside, or should I say the outside is not getting in, and I have no firewalls set on the Mac machines, so I think the problem is in the router and I believe I have sucessfully opened port 8000 in the virtual server of the dlink, but I just dont understand the firewire rules.

I dont think I can URL the photos from MobileMe, so I ask that you to my public folder: http://public.me.com/n9qgs

and under the folder Nicecast, I have 3 png files showing the settings. Then please let me know if something immediate sticks out or if there is something more you need to see.

Also said someone said a lot of internet providers will block you from accessing ports in the actual DSL modem, ever hear of this, is it common, cause I saw nothing about it in the help files, I still feel my problem is in the router and now closer thinking its in the firewall settings.....

I appreciate your help.

Ron

Edited by Ron in KY

several hours later and with the help of AT&T I think its working... Ill explain it once I understand it.