Finlay

Videolan vlc player

Hi all,

Recently I began to use VLC to watch videos but I can't find a very important feature: remember the position where the movie has been stopped and the program has been closed.

Does anyone know if there is setting, a modification or a trick to do this?

I have seen that there are the bookmarks but this doesn't works because when you close the program all the bookmarks are erased.

Thank you very much.

Never seen gifts ideas like these! (originelle geschenk on german or regalo novios on espanol), reportage matrimonio

I don't know of any way to do this. I just write down the time on a sticky note :)

VLC plays everything and it's great for those obscure codecs, but if you install FlipforMac and Perian, I've found that will let you play about 95% of everything but VOB files in Quicktime ( and thus in Frontrow also ). But come to think of it, does Quicktime remember the last playing point either? I don't think so.

It's also annoying that yje Leopard version of Front Row - which presumably uses the QuickTime engine to render video - lost this feature. The cyan progress bar is ugly too - very un-Apple. I must use their Feedback service to complain about these matters - though I often wonder whether that's akin to pissing in the wind.

I haven't noticed that feature in VLC, but there is a VLC variant called Movist that does offer that feature.

movist.jpg

Nice find Adam. I smell a topic for a show ... Quicktime and Frontrow alternatives.

Nice find Adam. I smell a topic for a show ... Quicktime and Frontrow alternatives.

Ask and you shall receive. Just listened o the newest MacCast and Adam highlighted this topic and the sandbox topic.

Thanks, Adam.