joenspa

Some items deauthorized

For some reason I can no longer play all my items purchased from the iTunes store. I can't find a commonality to them. All types seem to have the problem. TV shows, movies, music but I have some of all those items that work. The only thing I know of that might have changed it was I repaired disk permission before cloning my hard drive.

It's iTunes 9.0.3 and OS 10.6.2. Any ideas out there?

Have you purchased things in the iTunes Store with different accounts at some point? If you "Get Info" on any of the items you can't play, under the "Summary" tab, it should tell you who purchased it, with what email, and when. It's possible that your computer just got de-authorized from the account that you need to play those items. To re-authorize just go to the Store menu and then Authorize Computer... You can have many (I'm not sure the max) account attached to one computer.

Hope this helps.

Just to clarify what Applegeek said, you can authorize your computer for as many Apple accts as you like, but each Apple acct can only be authorized on a Max of 5 computers.

joenspa, are you getting any error message when you try to play the de-authorized content?

Thanks for the help guys but I figured it out or at least solved it. I have only 1 iTunes account and I had authorized it on 2 machines. But here is how I fixed. Rather than connecting the iPod and then opening iTunes I opened iTunes and then connected the iPod. I worked fine after that. I think it might have had to do with not using that iPod for quite some time. It had probably been a few months and several purchases since I had plugged it in.

Thanks for the input though.