alexrodriguez1979

From iPod Classic to Mac

Please HELP!!!

By accident, I deleted my iPhoto Library from my MacBook Pro. I still have the intact photo library on my iPod Classic. I tried several programs to transfer the files from the iPod to the Mac such as Pod to Mac and other programs from AVCWare but none of them worked.

Can some one advise me about other ways of doing it?

I will truly appreciate any help. Some very important events were lost when I deleted the files.

Thank you!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Try Senuti. Although you'll most likely only get low resolution version back.

Better still restore them from your backup. You do have a backup...

Thank you Harry. I do have a back up, but the last time I ran Time Machine was a year ago, so I am missing one full year of pics. Which is sad because there are some cool pictures from different important events during that last year.

Try Senuti. Although you'll most likely only get low resolution version back.

Thank you Graham. I tried Senuti and it is great but it doesn't work with the photo files.

Thank you again.

Edited by alexrodriguez1979

I do have a back up, but the last time I ran Time Machine was a year ago, so I am missing one full year of pics.

That's a shame. Perhaps more frequent guidance needs to be provided on the MacCast - ideally with a few horror stories by way of illustration of the need for backups - the best I saw being someone who lost everything after upgrading to Snow Leopard and being hit by the Guest Account bug. I also saw a thread where someone installed Linux on a PC which had Windows on it - they hoping to run dual boot - only to find it wiped out Windows and all their data. Needless to say neither had a backup.

Edited by Harry_The_Bustard

I do have a back up, but the last time I ran Time Machine was a year ago, so I am missing one full year of pics. Which is sad because there are some cool pictures from different important events during that last year.

This is going to sound harsh and I really don't mean it to be, but I think it needs to be pointed out for future practice that having a backup that was last performed a year ago is really no backup at all ( like you have encountered ). Backing up is a maintenance regimen, not a one time or annual event. OK lecture over and please take it as intended and after this event I'm sure you will take the point to heart.

Now back to the issue at hand. Unfortunately, like Graham mentioned, unless you set your iPod to store "full" versions of all your pictures, all that is stored on the iPod are low resolution copies designed to be displayed on the iPod. If you did have "full" versions of the photos stored on the iPod, have you tried simply setting the iPod to enable disk use and then viewing the contents of the iPod as you would any other HD ? They might simply be stored in the Photo Folder and then can be dragged to the Mac. If not, I'm afraid all that is on your iPod are the small low resolution copies ... and those are stored in .ithmb blob files that are unusable on anything other than the iPod to the best of my knowledge. Sorry.

Please HELP!!!

By accident, I deleted my iPhoto Library from my MacBook Pro. I still have the intact photo library on my iPod Classic. I tried several programs to transfer the files from the iPod to the Mac such as Pod to Mac and other programs from AVCWare but none of them worked.

Can some one advise me about other ways of doing it?

I will truly appreciate any help. Some very important events were lost when I deleted the files.

Thank you!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

What I wonder is - did you empty the trash after deleting your photo library? Also, did you delete the actual photos or just the Library file - there is a difference?

As for frequent backup, I would recommend buying an external and at least weekly running either SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.