Sign in to follow this  
red5230

iTunes Phone.... anyone?...

haha... I love that nobody has mentioned this yet. It's such a disapointment after all of the hype for the past year. I wasn't really planning on getting one before, and this just looks like a total bust. Does anybody even know how much memory it has? I can't find the specs for that anywhere... Anyways, anybody have any thoughts?

I'm not interested because I want my phone to be a phone. I'm really not into the whole convergence thing anymore. Maybe, it's because I prefer a little higher end devices and have them already. I do think it's a good idea for Apple to get their foot in that market. It's just not for me.

I agree with huskerman. i want a phone to be a phone. ya ok if it has an mp3 player gr8 if not im not bothered i still got my iPod. The phone i have at the moment has a mp3 init (Windows Media Player) and i hardly use it apart from watching the odd simpson episode on the train or something.

But personnally i think this phone is a huge disapointment. The phone itself doesn't have any great features apart from the iTunes syncing which lets face it wouldn't be that hard to intergrated with any new (or maybe even old) phones. Also what have they done with the look. It looks like any other phone, Which i think might be a downside for apple cos there will be alot of ppl on the fence wondering weather to buy this phone or not and the first thing people will look at it what it looks like. I mean come on its not got the sex appeal an iPod had, they r beautifully designed

Anyway thats my 2 cents

says it holds 100 songs

wow, 100 songs is pretty ridiculous

I'm really not into the whole convergence thing anymore.

I totally agree with you there. I love my cell phone right now... I have a generic little Nokia (i dont even know the model number), that doesn't have any camera, calendar, to do list, or anything else. It makes and recieves phone calls, and that's it. I think the idea of one perfect device is very unrealistic, and that items should be kept seperate. That said, I don't think that the music on the phone thing will go over so well, especially when it makes for such a poor music player. 100 songs is not nearly enough to make it worth the trouble.

I'm not even interested in it. Phones + gadgetry != good idea.

Camera phones are one thing... once in a while I snap a picture of something rare/special because I don't have my camera along. Poor quality, but at least I have a picture. However I can't ever think of a time where I'd need music in a pinch in the same way my camera phone works in a pinch. I don't see the advantage.

I have a Sony T610 at the moment and would be keen to upgrade to the Motorola iTunes phone. In thinking about how I would use the ROKR, I think its going to be just great for podcasts. As podcasts are always changing and I only have about 6-7 current podcasts loaded at a time I think to have them handy on the phone in my pocket would be great.

I think its going to be just great for podcasts. As podcasts are always changing and I only have about 6-7 current podcasts  loaded at a time I think to have them handy on the phone in my pocket would be great.

That's not a bad idea... but you still have to have a pair of headphones with you.

True.. I wonder if a BT headset would work with all the features. I guess the sound quality would be stink over the headset though.

Some one needs to design a great looking necklance (male or female) that has headphones in easy reach.

Does anybody have any info on how the iTunes part works? For instance, can you buy music from ITMS with it and then transfer to your computer? That, would make it a little more attractive. I'm not really bothered by the 100 songs thing. I think it's partly a 'toes in the water' thing. If it takes off, they'll probably allow for more, but, I don't think alot more because they don't really want it to compete with 'real' iPods. Really, it's just a phone with thius as a feature, like games or calendars, etc.

There's an FAQ http://www.apple.com/itunes/mobile/faq/

Can I transfer music that I’ve purchased from the iTunes Music Store to my phone?

Yes. Just as you can with music imported from a CD, simply drag and drop your purchased songs from your library to your phone.

picture289gx.pngpicture293qb.png