Huskermn

Opera Mini

Just downloaded, installed and did some minimal testing. I am very impressed. Seems REALLY snappy.

Radar maps don't seem to animate though.

But, I like it so far.

Just downloaded, installed and did some minimal testing. I am very impressed. Seems REALLY snappy.

Radar maps don't seem to animate though.

But, I like it so far.

Really? I received some screen shots from a listener and he noticed that sites weren't rendering too well in some places. Take this example from Apple's on line store:

20100414-1upr8if1ew9s4mwmsxct7y7ex6.jpg20100414-qgub1a98tcuwy1gi7xsskgmwya.jpg

Have you noticed this?

I'll have to look some more later. Though it wouldn't surprise me if things don't line up exactly the same.

You're right about the difference in rendering. For some reason, Opera squashes the stuff between the sidebars. But it does have everything there and easy to read when it blows up. It doesn't expand nearly as well visually but it does have the stuff on the screen. I probably won't use it all the time but it's nice to have an alternative. Also, I'd be very interested to find out if it changes the data usage since it compresses things on the way to the iPhone.

one of the big things ive noticed is that the Opera browser keeps the entire webpage rendered ALL the time.

what i mean by this is that in Opera, when you zoom in close and scroll around you just scroll over to that section of the webpage, however in safari when you zoom in and scroll you glide over a section of grey and white squares witch wait a second then load the rest of the web page.

because of this ive found opera much nicer for looking through large web pages because i don't have to wait for it to re-render the page. cool.gif