jay

Best software to DVD Rip to itunes to iPad

jay    0

What software is best and easiest to rip a DVD to be put into iTunes in the format for a iPad?

As easy and simple process is appreciated.

Apple Geek    15

Totally agree with Graham. I wouldn't have suggested anything different. But just to add on that, the latest versions of Handbrake don't include a way to crack the DVD protection on commercial DVDs (this is so they can stay legal). To solve this problem - also make sure you download VLC and just put it in the same place as Handbrake. VLC has the info Handbrake needs to crack the copy protection. You can download that here: http://www.videolan.org/

jay    0

Totally agree with Graham. I wouldn't have suggested anything different. But just to add on that, the latest versions of Handbrake don't include a way to crack the DVD protection on commercial DVDs (this is so they can stay legal). To solve this problem - also make sure you download VLC and just put it in the same place as Handbrake. VLC has the info Handbrake needs to crack the copy protection. You can download that here: http://www.videolan.org/

Thanks all. I may be a bit dense, Graham, what do you mean by "same place?" is therea VLC to handbrake procedure?

ithonicfury    0

Thanks all. I may be a bit dense, Graham, what do you mean by "same place?" is therea VLC to handbrake procedure?

In the same directory, so if you put Handbrake in /Application/Multimedia then you should put VLC in that folder too.

harry747    0

To solve this problem - also make sure you download VLC and just put it in the same place as Handbrake. VLC has the info Handbrake needs to crack the copy protection. You can download that here: http://www.videolan.org/

i did that, and it seems to have solved my problem (chaos instead of a clear picture). looks like I don't need ripit after all :-)

jay    0

In the same directory, so if you put Handbrake in /Application/Multimedia then you should put VLC in that folder too.

Th

You should read the HandBrake documentation - for example this bit - and if you don't understand anything try the HandBrake forums which you can reach via the "Community" link.