joenspa

Syncing Notes from Mail

My Notes won't sync anymore. On my laptop they seem to be syncing with Mobile Me in that I get no error messages but they aren't syncing over to my iPhone. They use to. I can't even find settings for that. Any ideas?

You know, I was going to post a long troubleshooting post about this but then when I checked on my iPod Touch I seemed to have the same issue. Here's what I found on my system. First, just to make sure, but if they sync correctly, under the latest iPhone OS they will show up on your iPhone in a mailbox called Notes ( I only say this because to me, it is not the most obvious place to look for them ... i mean they call it Apple Mail To Dos why not Apple Mail Notes ? ). Now, on your MBP, open Mail preferences and under composing, make sure that you have selected your MobileMe address instead of "On My Mac" for the "Create notes and to dos in" setting. Now, go to your side bar where it says "Notes" ( under Reminders ) Click the triangle next to Notes. You might find that your notes have been placed "On your mac" instead of in your Mobile Me acct and that is why they have not synced properly ... simply drag the notes into the right spot and that will fix it. If that's not it, post back and I'll give you my long troubleshooting routine.

Edited by Dolphbucs

I seem to be way off here.

First didn't Notes in Apple Mail use to sync with Notes the app on the iPhone? It had to. I am sure I didn't create duplicates of all my Notes on my iPhone and not my MBP.

If they have changed this I'm guessing I now need to move what I want to keep to my Mobile Me account?

Am I going don the right road here?

Thanks.

Found it. You are not crazy. But there might be a thing in the way it is done that is throwing you off. Syncing between the Notes app and your Mac Mail notes is not done through Mobile Me directly but through iTunes when you sync your iPhone through that. In other words, MobileMe syncs your mail acct over the air constantly, but the Notes app only gets updated when you connect the iPhone to the computer. Just make sure that in iTunes, in the iPhone syncing section under the info tab, in "other" make sure that Sync Notes is checked ( iTunes has had many updates recently and perhaps one of those either changed the location of the setting and/or reset it to unchecked by default ).

In related news, I heard that Mac Rumors is reporting that iPhone 4.0 will allow you to Multi-Task, but only when you are standing under a bridge facing West. LOL

Edited by Dolphbucs