R94N

iTunes podcast 'mark as watched'

Is there any way to mark a podcast as 'watched' without having to right-hand click it and manually mark it? I don't play podcasts through my computer usually and it would be great if it was automatically marked as watched when you sync to an iPod.

I'm not sure what you are wanting to do? When you sync you iPod back (after listening to them), it should update the podcasts so they are marked as watched in iTunes. Otherwise I don't know how to mark them as watched without right-clicking.

Is there any way to mark a podcast as 'watched' without having to right-hand click it and manually mark it? I don't play podcasts through my computer usually and it would be great if it was automatically marked as watched when you sync to an iPod.

If you don't listen to the entirety of the podcast on your iPod, when you sync it back to iTunes, you'll see a half-full circle next to that episode.

20100428-mgcs135m7r4sbwyhugkkp9gkw3.jpg

is this what you're referring too?

I mean does the podcasts get marked as 'watched' when I sync them to an iPod, listen to them and then sync the iPod to my computer...

I mean does the podcasts get marked as 'watched' when I sync them to an iPod, listen to them and then sync the iPod to my computer...

yes. they should.

Note this for audio podcasts. I don't know if video podcasts use "watched / not watched" as I don't subscribe to any. (You'd think it would.) Nor do I know if the latest version of iTunes has broken this again for audio as I've yet to download & install it.