jseuphonium

Reoccuring iCal event at Different Intervals

Is there way to make an event reoccur at different intervals? I want something to repeat at 9 days and then 10 days and continue at 9, 10, 9, 10, etc.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

No. Like most Apple apps, iCal designed to be "good enough" 80% of the users. If you want advanced features, you need to get a real calendar app. Go to MacUpdate and search for "calendar". May cost you $10 USD - $40 USD. But actually, alternating intervals may be difficult to find even in a real calendar app.

Oh, I just thought of something. As part of your event, or in another event, schedule a script (such as AppleScript) which would create a new event. You could use some other attribute of the event, maybe a note, to tell if the next event was supposed to be 9 or 10 days later. It could be done. Would probably take a good AppleScript programmer an hour or two to get it running and debugged. Probably not what you wanted to hear!

Edited by jerry_krinock

probably not a great solution, but could you create a event for the days when this event DOES NOT occur? You could do that with 2 events: one every 10 days and one ever 11. Kinda weird, but if it gets the job done...

Is there way to make an event reoccur at different intervals? I want something to repeat at 9 days and then 10 days and continue at 9, 10, 9, 10, etc.

Create two events, each repeating at 19 day intervals, with start dates 10 days apart.

Create two events, each repeating at 19 day intervals, with start dates 10 days apart.

Funny...literally five minutes before I read this reply, I did exactly this!