Sign in to follow this  
neil_jo

Preview Problem / Snow Leopard

Hi, I used to be able to get the shutter actuation's form my camera using the inspector in preview. Basically when you open an image in preview then open the inspector tab then info

it would list a Nikon tab, that when clicked would tell me how pictures I had taken. I just booted to Leopard and it works fine there, any thoughts?

Regards

Neil

Sounds like you might have had a Nikon plugin installed under leopard that needs to be updated to an SL version. Was this using RAW photos ? if so, have you installed all the current SL RAW camera updates ? You could also try a Freeware app called RAW Photo processor ... that might help you get that data off your pics if the other avenues don't work.

Sounds like you might have had a Nikon plugin installed under leopard that needs to be updated to an SL version. Was this using RAW photos ? if so, have you installed all the current SL RAW camera updates ? You could also try a Freeware app called RAW Photo processor ... that might help you get that data off your pics if the other avenues don't work.

[/quot

Thanks, I do use RPP. and it does give the shutter count. I have all the latest SL updates and can't recall having to install a Nikon plug-in for Leopard.

Regards

Neil

I was thinking more along the lines of one of the many RAW camera updates that were issued for Leopard during the time you ran it ( the ones that came through Software update ) ... it could be that Nikon and Apple just haven't gotten together on a similar update for SL yet ( if one was issued. Glad RPP works though.

I was thinking more along the lines of one of the many RAW camera updates that were issued for Leopard during the time you ran it ( the ones that came through Software update ) ... it could be that Nikon and Apple just haven't gotten together on a similar update for SL yet ( if one was issued. Glad RPP works though.

The funny is it started working a couple of day after I posted this and with no SL camera updates. But on checking again this morning, now it doesn't.

Regards

Neil