andyeb

Folding laptop stand recommendations

Hi everyone,

I already have an iCurve laptop stand that I use in the office to lift my 15" MacBook Pro (early 2008/pre-unibody) off the desk to a comfortable height to avoid neck strain.

However I'm currently doing a lot of work on client sites, so am looking for a portable solution. Does anyone have any recommendations in this area?

thanks,

Andrew

The one I use is a Belkin. It has a built in fan ( powered by USB ) to keep the laptop cool also.

I've been using the iLap from Rain Design since I got my MacBook Pro. A little pricey (depending on your laptop model) but still a great stand.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm really looking for something that will fold up and slip in a laptop bag though - something that's really designed to be taken on the road with you.

I used to use a Podium CoolPad. Eventually I tired of carrying it with me all the time and started to use books and such to do the same job. They don't have fans but they do allow air to circulate thus cooling the machine to a degree. Guess the simplicity appeals to me.