Tobz

My Alerts in iTunes

I have just discovered the My Alerts feature in iTunes, but don't seem to be able to get it to work correctly. I would like to receive email alerts of new songs/albums from the artists I have added to the My Alerts list, but not from all artists I've downloaded. Is this possible? I can't seem to work out how to do it.

If it's not possible, is there an alternative way to do this?

Many thanks.

Within the iTunes Music Store, click on your name in the top right corner to go to your account settings. Towards the bottom, click on "Manage My Alerts" and there you can uncheck the item that says to email you based on your purchases. Then you can just add the artists to your My Alerts from their artist pages (which it sounds like you are doing right now).

Hope this helps.

Apple Geek

Within the iTunes Music Store, click on your name in the top right corner to go to your account settings. Towards the bottom, click on "Manage My Alerts" and there you can uncheck the item that says to email you based on your purchases. Then you can just add the artists to your My Alerts from their artist pages (which it sounds like you are doing right now).

Hope this helps.

Apple Geek

Thanks for your reply.

The problem with this is that I still want to receive email updates, but only from my specific 'alert' artists.

m.png

158b4vk.png

Maybe I'm not understanding something. You can add specific artists (without purchasing from them) by going to their artist page and clicking "Alert Me" (first pic above). This will add the artists to your list. In the second pic above, if you uncheck the top checkbox I assume that you will then only receive emails from artists that are added to the bottom list. Is this not what you are wanting to do? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you are wanting to do.

Apple Geek

Edited by Apple Geek

m.png

158b4vk.png

Maybe I'm not understanding something. You can add specific artists (without purchasing from them) by going to their artist page and clicking "Alert Me" (first pic above). This will add the artists to your list. In the second pic above, if you uncheck the top checkbox I assume that you will then only receive emails from artists that are added to the bottom list. Is this not what you are wanting to do? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you are wanting to do.

Apple Geek

Yes, this is exactly what I want to do. The problem is that when the top checkbox is unchecked, I receive no emails whatsoever!

That, I'm not sure about then. As long as you have the artists checked in the second list I don't see why you shouldn't be receiving the emails.