Dolphbucs

Mobile Me to be made Free ????

I haven't heard great things about MobileMe, but being free would at least get me to try it out. My current iCal sync with Google Calendar works but it is a little wonky. It would be nice to have a cleaner solution (aka MobileMe) to have my calendars in sync with all my i-Things. Same with Address Book.

Eh, we'll see.

I've had MobileMe for years. Maybe since the beginning (when it was .Mac) and while it's not perfect, have enjoyed it the whole time.

It was EXTREMELY handy yesterday when I got my iPad and have not yet had a chance to upgrade my main to Leopard. I had to activate it using my Mini Hackintosh but then all the crucial stuff syced from MobileMe (contacts, bookmarks, calendars). Have downloaded the Apps I really want direct from the App Store and it's running brilliantly.

That would be awesome. It's very handy when you get a new device and can just sync all the calendars and contacts right away, no muss, no fuss.

It was actually unexpected Didn't realize until I launched Safari and noticed all my Bookmarks were there. Then a bit later, my "take you allergy pills" reminder popped up

Something else I just found out it spellcheck is built-in

LOL In Dec 2007 when I got my MBP, my family ( mostly PC at the time ) were absolutely amazed when I opened it brand new, fired it up, simply entered my MM info and the MBP was all ready to go. Now, my family is mostly Mac.

I'm a long time MobileMe/.Mac user. It's always been a great service, aside from a few glaring omissions such as server-side mail rules...

As for MobileMe becoming free... Apple seems more and more to be positioning themselves against Google, and this would be one more step in that direction.

You know, the thing is they don't even have to make it free. If they just dropped it to, say, the price of a Snow Leopard upgrade ($29), or maybe even something like $69 for new members and $29 for renewal ..... or even a lifetime membership after purchasing the first two years ... I would be greatly pleased.

I renewed my MM account for the last time. I've kept it because I wanted to be able to help people around that had questions. but I'm down to just me now.

Edited by johnfoster

*** Sigh**** Unfortunately the rumors were wrong and I have to pay Amazon the $70. :(

Not sure, Dolph. Maybe being close enough to Leo means that as soon as you pay, it will become Free :)