neil_jo

SuperDuper Question

Was wondering how Superduper works as far as running weekly/ monthy backups or smart backups with the paid version.

I used it for a few years to clone my drives and it works great. But would like to run scheduled back ups as needed, without

having to erase the old one and start a new backup and have it run for 2 hours.

Regards

Neil

I understand your question, but I will likely continue to always use the full bootable backup option (which now takes 8 hrs for me). I strongly suggest scheduling the back up for the middle of the night and getting a REAL back up. I've used it more than once.

It works fine. I do a smart update every night and then a full backup once a week.

It works fine. I do a smart update every night and then a full backup once a week.

That gives you a upgraded bootable backup?

It replaces the files that have changed, so to quote the app, "Smart Update... is similar, in that the result is an exact copy of the source. The difference [to a full backup] is that it only copies (or deletes) files and folders as necessary. This takes much less time after the first backup, doing in minutes what could otherwise take hours."

Thanks Huskermn and Graham, I think for the price I will purchase it and give it a try. I feel I kind of owe them anyways as its saved me a few times in the past.

I still have a clone of Leopard which I used a few times while waiting for software updates for SL.

Regards

Neil